Accounts Payable Team Supervisor
We are Hiring!
HANNON Transport is one of Ireland’s leading international refrigerated and general hauliers dealing with the daily transportation of chilled, frozen and dry freight with locations in Northern Ireland, Ireland, France and Holland.
We are looking for a highly motivated and driven individual who can multi-task and work on their own initiative within a friendly but busy team environment.
This position will be within the accounts payable function in a very busy Finance Office.
HANNON Transport Ltd (Northern Ireland)
21 Brankinstown Road,
BT67 0DF, Northern Ireland
Tel: +44 28 9265 1441
- Plan, manage and organise the day-to-day operation of the Accounts Payable function to ensure all invoices, credit notes and payments are processed in line with set timescales and procedures.
- Responsibility for setting up & maintaining supplier accounts.
- Processing invoices (Registering/Coding/Posting).
- Management of payments to suppliers, weekly BACS runs and one-off payments.
- Supplier account reconciliations and following up on any discrepancies.
- Production of a monthly accruals listing for the Management Accounts Team.
- Dealing with telephone calls from suppliers, contractors, and support staff.
- Monitoring of Accounts Payable Mailboxes.
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers and other internal stakeholders.
- Closedown of Purchase Ledger at month end, ensuring that the control accounts are reconciled in a timely manner.
- Develop KPI’s for the Accounts Payable function including development of management information for the wider business in relation to payments.
- Other Ad Hoc finance duties as required.
- A Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in a busy Accounts Payable team.
- Experience of a high-volume Purchase Ledger.
- Experience of a multi-company, multi-currency Accounts Payable environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A knowledge of UK and Irish VAT is essential.
- A working knowledge of Sage accounting packages would be desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and to meet set deadlines.
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme
- Paid holidays
If you are interested please apply via NI Jobs.