Human Resource Specialist
We are Hiring!
HR Specialist Role
Employment Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours)
Salary: £26,000 – £28,000 per annum
Location Hybrid between NI/ROI Depots (Aghalee and Lusk)
HANNON Transport is one of Ireland’s leading international refrigerated and general hauliers dealing with the daily transportation of chilled, frozen and dry freight with locations in Northern Ireland, Ireland, France and Holland. At HANNON Transport, we serve a large variety of customers of varying sizes across a range of sectors. Our customers range from large multi-nationals and household brands to independent customers across Europe, Ireland the UK.
About the Role:
HANNON Transport have an exciting opportunity to join our team based in our NI and ROI Depots as a HR Specialist. The role will be challenging and will give the successful applicant a chance to develop their own career within one of Irelands leading Haulier companies.
The HR Specialist will report to Head of Operations
This role plays a crucial part within the HANNON Group. It involves a wide range of responsibilities related to managing personnel systems, ensuring compliance with both NI and ROI employment laws and company policies, and supporting various HR functions.
Liaise with HR Consultancy:
- Liaison between our HR Consultancy provider on a regular basis for support, guidance and cover off any new and on-going issues / legislation. Our HR Consultant will remain as our main technical resource, but the implementation of policy will fall on HR specialist and line managers to ensure we safeguard HANNON in any HR issue.
- Assist with the onboarding process of new starts. Provide new starts with contract of employment and manage the delivery, signing and filing.
- Manage the issue of employee handbooks/policies to employees. Assist employees with any queries they may have on company policies.
- With support from our HR Consultant, update contracts/handbook policies in line with current legal requirements.
- Liaise with relevant team manager and investigate allegations/incident/infringements etc.
- Collate and present pre-investigation findings to team manager who will, under specialists’ guidance, decide if a disciplinary process needs to continue.
- Investigation Hearing – If appropriate conduct/assist during investigation hearing
- Disciplinary Hearing – Manager to complete disciplinary hearing with specialist acting as notetaker/support.
- Draft any documentation required.
- Manage process through to conclusion.
Employee Records and Documentation:
- Maintain and update employee records, ensuring accuracy and confidentiality. They may also manage electronic HR databases and filing systems.
- You will be required to work in conjunction with other departments to create training material.
- The HR Specialist will be responsible for the maintenance of our Learning Management System and reporting on compliance with training requirements.
- Assist in the probation/performance appraisal process by tracking employee performance, gathering feedback, and supporting the development of performance improvement plans.
- Provide support to managers in processes of terminations.
- Accept resignations on the companies’ behalf.
- Complete exit interviews with employees before their end date.
- Complete any administrative tasks in relation to resignation/terminations.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field. Or, At least 2 years relevant experience in a HR role may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- GDPR Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Employment law in NI and ROI and best practice
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, including attention to detail, time management, and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient IT Skills
- Full driving licence Cat. B and private vehicle due to requirement to travel between sites
- Experience within Transport/logistic industry
- CIPD qualified/working towards (or equivalent)
- Secure, free on-site parking
- Pension Scheme
- 30 Days annual leave entitlement
- Training and Development
If you are interested please apply via the link below.